March 31, 2021 at 11:59pm
The Santa Fe Springs Chamber /League Youth Enrichment Fund is seeking applications for a scholarship which may be awarded to a Santa Fe Springs resident graduating from high school or currently enrolled in college or trade school who is pursuing an education in the ARTS. The application is attached. The grant is for a maximum of $2,500. Applicants are not restricted to one year; they may reapply annually for reconsideration.
The application criteria include the following:
- Student must be studying a field in the ARTS (art, photography, dance, music, theater, graphic design, writing, etc.).
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (unweighted) as shown by a high-school or college transcript.
- Santa Fe Springs resident of two years or longer (Proof of residency is required).
- Active involvement in school activities and clubs.
- Active involvement in civic causes and sincere in continuing their education in the ARTS.
The application must be completed and submitted online. The deadline to submit your application is Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed and all applicants will receive written notice of the selected finalists. Finalists will be scheduled for an oral interview on Thursday, May 6, 2021. The recipient will be announced after the oral interviews have been completed.
The Youth Enrichment Fund’s “Powell Scholarship” program is an opportunity for the business community to enrich the education of a Santa Fe Springs resident.
For more information, please call the Santa Fe Springs Chamber of Commerce at 562/944-1616 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.